Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Snapshot

My family and I did something yesterday that has been a long time coming...we had family pictures taken. We went to a park nearby and took some pretty cool shots on an old bridge. A good friend of our ministry, David White , took the shots for us. It was amazing to view the pictures. Because I'm with my kids everyday, I don't get to step back and see them growing up. Looking at these pictures made me realize how much they've changed, and are changing.

It's the same way in my walk with Christ. I get frustrated with my progress and feel at times that I'm not growing or becoming what He created me for. But, He is able to step back and see how far I've come. He sees the big picture and already knows the place He has for me to arrive. Wouldn't it be amazing if we could take snapshots of our spiritual lives? We'd be able to see ourselves maturing over time. Or, perhaps in some cases, not maturing at all.

No comments: