Friday, November 30, 2007

Friday

Well, it's Friday, and I have a lot on mind. So, I thought the easiest way to blog today would be to make a list. It seems that is the going thing these days in the blogging world anyway. So, I...must...give...into....the....pressure.

1) It has rained ALL day today. In SOCAL, when it finally does rain, it pours.
2) We are having Abby's 6th birthday party tomorrow. Jody made 36 cupcakes for 10 kids. Hmmmmm....I wonder if there will be enough cupcakes???
3) I dropped in on a rehearsal last night for the Christmas musical. It is going to be awesome.
4) I just found out that my parents had a drive-by shooting at their store. No one was hurt, but the front glass was shot out by two bullets. (And they were worried about me coming to the gang-infested state of California. Please.)
5) My 7 year old eats constantly. I didn't think that started until at least 13.
6) The SEC Championship is this Saturday. It's sad when the best team in the SEC isn't even in the game. But, the Georgia Bulldogs will be in a BCS Bowl. I can't wait.
7) Today is the last day of November. That's crazy.
8) I'm working on a surprise for Jody for Christmas. She's gonna cry.
9) The Cowboys are 11-1. Super Bowl bound!
10) This Guy called me today with an idea. He lives in GA where they are in the midst of a severe drought that is threatening their water supply. His idea is for everyone in the Atlanta area to buy a case of water from Wal-Mart and pour it into the lake. That should pretty much take care of their water shortage. I like it!

Well, I've got another choir rehearsal in the morning in preparation for our Christmas Worship Service on December 16th. We also have the birthday party tomorrow and a parade we're supposed to go to. So, I'm going to go and take my wife out tonight. She deserves it. So do I.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff,
The reason why it's not a good idea is it is of ourselves. And God wants us to totally rely on Him. Prayer lets God know we have total reliance on Him for all our provision. If man fills it up, then who gets the glory.... man. I want to see God get all the glory.

Jody Bumgardner said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

What does that even mean? I think the "everyone buy a bottle of water" thing was a joke. Loosen up.