Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Integrity

I don't know why I am amazed any longer. I guess I just want to see the good in everyone. But, it kills me to see professing believers who do not seem to have integrity in any area of their life. I know that we will let each other down. I know that no one is perfect. But, when a lack of integrity seems to be a pattern, and our character is shaded by our choices and deceit, we cast a shadow on the cross of Christ.

Think about what David said in Psalm 101: "I will pay attention to the way of integrity. When will You come to me? I will live with integrity of heart in my house. I will not set anything godless before my eyes (now that is devotion)....A devious heart will be far from me; I will not be involved with evil."

How often do we rise up in the morning and make this kind of commitment to the Lord? Well, that is exactly what it takes. No one can live a life of integrity apart from a daily, renewed commitment to God. We have to renew that commitment every morning for it to be fresh in our hearts. That is why our New Year's Resolutions always crash and burn; we don't renew that commitment daily. Instead, we make a "one day" commitment with the intention of it being a year-long commitment. Renew your mind every morning. Focus on the things of the Lord. You will definitely see your character reshaped and your heart blazing with a new found passion to please Him.

No comments: