Saturday, November 17, 2007

Preschool Chapel

I had the awesome opportunity to speak in the preschool chapel for the Immanuel Day-School yesterday. I expected about 20 kids, so when over 100 came through the door it blew my mind. I had decided that for preschoolers, I wanted to get them involved and tell a story that they were familiar with so that they would have a sense of accomplishment in already knowing it. I thought that I would have to explain where Adam and Eve were and why they were not supposed to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. But, to my surprise, the kids knew all of that. They were answering every question.

I brought volunteers onto the stage to be trees and bushes and stuff. Also, a couple of them were Adam and Eve and one was the serpent. It was hilarious. As I referred to them as their character, they would just stare at the audience and pick their nose or scratch their head. Point of the story? These kids are being taught the Word of God at Immanuel. I was so proud that 2-4 year olds completely knew that story and that most of them had an understanding of what sin is. Way to go Immanuel Teachers! You are making an impact for eternity.

No comments: