Saturday, February 10, 2007

Universal Hollywood

I led devotions at 2 Upward Basketball games this morning. One of them was during halftime of my son's game. I was honored to have my own son see me lead a devotion before a group of his peers. I know that every opportunity I have to be an example of Christ before him needs to be taken advantage of. I want him to not only hear about God's love for him, but to see the love that I have for God firsthand.

After this morning's games, a friend of mine and I went to Universal Studios Hollywood. It was incredible! The most awesome part was the studio tour where we got to see actual working sets on the Universal back lot. We saw the actual sets of Back to the Future, War of the Worlds, and Psycho...just to name a few. I was highly impressed. It is crazy to just look out while there and be able to see down into the valley and overlook all of Hollywood. It blew my mind. I did, however, feel guilty for not having Jody and the kids there with me. So, next week (hopefully) we're going to get the whole family over there. It was the perfect day to be there. It wasn't hot at all, and we waited in no lines. The best possible theme park experience. I can't wait to experience it with my kids. It's one thing to enjoy the park for myself, but it's a whole new experience to see the looks on my kids' faces when they see that magical world just waiting for them to explore. I can't wait!

No comments: