Thursday, February 08, 2007

Technically.....

It is pretty interesting to see people's reaction concerning technology. You see varying responses based on age, background, and profession. However, I often times see people of the same age and background react differently. For example, I played a certain video production for ministry to 4 different people of the same age and demographic. 3 of them responded positively, and 1 responded negatively. But, the negative comment was that everyone their age would not respond positively. The reality is, based on my experience, only 1 out of every 4 people would possibly not be sold on the idea. Isn't it amazing that when we are faced with negativity, those people seem to believe that everyone sees things the way they do. If everyone believed the way they did, then they would have nothing to be negative about.

As believers, we need to always be sensitive to other people's perception of who we are. I don't ever want to be thought of as a negative person. I want my take on things to be encouraging and positive. Are we not supposed to be attempting to look at things through the eyes of Christ anyway? The temptation is to see the negative in most everything...but the reaction should be the opposite. We must represent Christ to the best of our ability. Leave the negative stuff alone and believe that anything is possible with God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeff,
Forgive me, my brother! I've meant to write a post and touch base with you for weeks. You have been on my heart!

With that said, this seems like an opportune time to comment on your post about technology, though I do understand that technology isn't the point. Jesus is the point!

Still, technology is truly a wonderful thing. For example:

At about 1:30 this morning, I woke up. I didn't know why. I crawled out of bed, grabbing my bible as I slide past the night stand figuring that since I was wide awake, I may as well finish the last two chapters of Jeremiah. As I was padding down the hall toward the office, I decided to go online. I typed my way onto the First Woodstock site, where I ended up watching the last couple hours of a live conference that was being held, and also caught last Sunday evening's service. Incidently, we gather in front of the computer each Sunday afternoon for a good dose of Johnny Hunt (I'm six hours ahead of EST here in Sicily). While watching at this early hour, God answered a prayer through Pastor Hunt and confirmed it when Pastor Hunt's guest made repeated reference to Joshua 1:9. Guess I figured out why I woke up.

Isn't technology wonderful! Isn't God awesome!!!

Take care! Best to Jody and kids!

In Christ,
Scott

Jeff Bumgardner said...

Scott! It is great to hear from you. I am so glad that things are going well for you and that God is evidently doing some incredible things in your life. Please know that I am grateful for your friendship...and thanks for posting. We hope to get to see ya'll again in the future, Lord willing. Keep serving Him faithfully and tell your family "hello" from us.

ellen said...

Fix it Jeff, fix it :)