Thursday, February 01, 2007

An Amazing Night

Tonight was our IMB Appointment service that we've been working so hard to prepare. We had 94 missionaries here, including our 47 new appointees, along with numerous IMB staff and officers. Jerry Rankin spoke, and numerous area churches were represented. It was standing room only as we had over 2000 people in attendance. And let me just say, I was so proud of our choir and orchestra. The loft was packed, and the energy was immeasurable. You guys brought it from the word "go". I've never heard, or seen, you better. You seemed to truly worship from your hearts, and you allowed it to spill over into your leadership. True worship took place tonight and I'm sure you caused our Father to smile. Our people never cease to amaze me. Our Pastor pulled me aside at the reception following the service and could not hide the smile on his face....though I think he tried. He said this was just a warm-up for San Antonio. I agree. I love each of you dearly and count it an honor to serve alongside you.

No comments: