Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Kids Say the Darnedest Things

All of us have a story (or many stories) of crazy, funny things kids have said. Well, I am no different. The most recent one happened on our way back from Yosemite on Saturday. We stopped at a Bar-B-Que restaurant, which was awesome by the way, and Caleb decided he wanted ribs. He is a rib eating machine. As he was eating his ribs he said, "I wonder who invented ribs?" "God did", I said. "In fact, he has given you ribs, too. And, when He created Eve in the Garden of Eden, he took a rib from Adam to make her." Caleb stopped his gnawing on the rib that he held in his sauce covered fingers. As he slowly turned his head to look at me, I could see the strange look on his face. "Yeah. That's spooky", he said. "That's just really spooky."

I laughed and laughed and laughed. In fact, as I sit here typing, I am laughing some more. I guess it is kinda spooky when you think about it. Can you imagine witnessing that operation? Spooky indeed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's funny!

Not quite as funny: I had to explain to Mikayla that Jesus wasn't holding my grandfather hostage in heaven. I don't know where she got that idea from, but...whoa!