Monday, July 14, 2008

Birthday Party Extravaganza

Last night we had a birthday party extravaganza. "What is that" you ask. Well, I'll tell you. Because our family lives on the east coast and we live on the west coast, we are not able to be together for birthdays. So, Jody's parents began this tradition of having all of the kids' birthday parties at one time when they are together. With Jody's brother's two kids, that makes for 5 grandkids together last night for the Birthday Party Extravaganza. We grilled out (or for our west coast friends, we bar-b-qued), we had homemade ice cream with fresh strawberries from our backyard, we had a talent show in which everyone HAD to participate, and we had presents for all of the kids. It was a great time.

So, what was my talent? Well, I told a knock-knock joke. "Knock, Knock." "Who's there?" "Amy Fisher." "Amy Fisher wh....BANG!"

I know. I know. Only the adults understood it. But, that's how I roll.

We leave tomorrow AM for Yo-sa-mighty. Good times. Good times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for saying "bar-b-qued" and not making an issue of it! That is my new pet peeve - when people try to say that unless there is brisket, steak or ribs involved, it's just grilling. This is California - whether it's hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken or veggie kabobs, if we're cooking outside, we're BBQing.