Thursday, July 31, 2008

Immanuel High School Choir

The Immanuel High School Choir will be kicking off at 3:30pm on Sunday, September
7th. Sadly, after many years of service with the High School Choir, our own Connie Jones is saying goodbye to the ministry that she has served so faithfully. The growth, success, and ministry that we have come to know over the years through this choir has been as a result of her dedication and love for our students. She will be greatly missed. Also, Cindy Smith has stepped down after many years with the choir. She has been directing drama with the choir, but is now turning her attention to other areas of ministry. Thank you both for all of your hard work and dedication to these students over the years. Your shoes will be BIG ONES to fill.

However, we will do our best. This year, we are separating drama and choir. They will be two different entities. While they will work together on projects and tours, they will meet at separate times. So, you CAN be in one without having to be in the other. Although, we encourage you to participate in both if that is your passion. Lisa Lyons will be directing our high school drama, and it is going to be awesome. I personally, will be directing our High School choir and I can't wait to get started.

So, make sure you are in place for High School Choir on September 7th, at 3:30pm. Invite your friends and everyone you know to be a part of this exciting group. There are going to be many awesome events we will be working toward.

With that in mind, I NEED ADULT LEADERSHIP in major ways. I need adults to help with fund raising. I need help with leadership. I need help with chaperoning events. I need adults who are willing to be a part of rehearsals and simply sit with the students and sing the parts with them. This helps them learn the music more quickly and increases their confidence. You will NOT be singing concerts with them. They are on their own at that point. But, you will rehearse with them and help invest in them musically. If you are willing to help in anyway, please email me at jbumgardner@ibchighland.org .

I think this is officially the longest post I've ever put on my blog. Thanks for hanging with me.

1 comment:

Kath said...

One more year, and Mikaija will be in the High School Choir and/or Drama.