Saturday, May 17, 2008

That Crazy Fairy

Abby lost one of her front teeth yesterday. Actually, I ended up having to pull it out for her. She didn't like that at all. I had to convince her that the red juice (strawberry jam) that I had on a napkin would cause the tooth to fall the rest of the way out. Once she was convinced, I inserted the napkin with "red juice", grabbed the tooth and gave it a quick tug. It came out with ease, and NO pain. She loves the red juice!

Jody and I went on a double date last night, so when we got home our baby sitter Brittany, already had them in bed with Abby's tooth tucked nicely away under her pillow. For those of you who have lost teeth...some more than others grandpa...you know that those front teeth are tooth fairy gold. I think "she" sends them to be made into cool necklaces for those island people who shrink heads and stuff.

But, that crazy fairy was a no-show. Abby woke up this morning at 6am, came into our room and declared that "the tooth fairy forgot to come get her tooth". We quickly told her to get back to bed because it was still early. I later went in, only to find her awake. A few moments after I left her room, she came in to tell us "that crazy fairy left my money under Brown Bear's Pillow and took my tooth while I was awake!" For the record, Brown Bear is her creatively named stuffed animal that sleeps beside her each night.

That crazy fairy better get it right next time. We want a punctual fairy. Not some late comer.

1 comment:

Cat said...

That's terrible, we had a similar experience, only this was the fairy running out of change and had to "borrow" it from Matt's own piggy bank. Fairies just ain't what they used to be!