Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Lots of News

I have just come through an extremely busy time of year for our ministry. Sorry I haven't had a chance to sit down and write. It has been crazy. I will just give you a list of things here, but I'll do some follow up blogs with pictures soon. Here are a few things we've come through in recent days:

1) Immanuel Lights saw a larger crowd than last year. This is our community Christmas tree lighting. In it's second year, we are already seeing growth and larger interest in this ministry event. We had an estimated crowd of 1500 - 1800 people.

2) Thanksgiving Eve Worship Service was a HUGE success. Its success is being determined by the responses that we have received via emails, cards, and phone calls. Typically, this service hasn't had much response in past years. We're glad that this year saw an impact in the lives of our people as we honored the Lord together.

3) David Phelps led our church in a Christmas Concert with the Immanuel Choir. The response we've received as a result of this concert has been wildly positive. Here are a few quotes we've gotten from cards and emails:

"It was amazing! When is he coming back?"

"I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. It was the best concert I've ever been to in my life!"

"I came reluctantly, not knowing what to expect. I left impressed and amazed, wishing it had not ended."

"Can we please make David and the Immanuel Choir a Christmas tradition?"

"I am now ready for Christmas. Great call this year on bringing Phelps in."


I'll post some pictures soon of the various events. Now, on to Christmas Eve planning. You don't want to miss this, Immanuel. Start inviting friends and neighbors NOW!

No comments: