Sunday, December 27, 2009

Family

When Jody and I first were married, I found myself struggling with letting go of the single guy part of my life. I wanted to be married, but I had a hard time adjusting to my new responsibilities as a husband. However, the Lord did a work in my life early on and taught me what an incredible blessing he had given me in my wife.

In His perfect call of of us to move to Texas for seminary, the Lord taught me what it meant to cleave to my wife. It was the best thing for our marriage and we learned what it meant to love each other
and depend on one another completely.

Now, all I want to do is be with my family. The addition of what will soon be 4 kids has only added to that desire.

I really don't know why I'm writing this. I guess its because as I reflect on goals, both past and future, my biggest accomplishments all center around my family.

Thank you Lord for Your amazing blessings. I am so looking forward to 2010. We are welcoming our 4th child in January. I so can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can not believe you all have been there 4 years! Tell everyone hello for me! Good luck with that new baby. I look forward to seeing you all in New York!
Kelly Ritter

Jeff Bumgardner said...

We are so looking forward to seeing you!