Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Healer - Part 2

I really wish there was not a part 2 to this story. However, I recently posted a blog featuring a new song called "Healer". If you look, there are links to the back-story for the song, along with a video of the song itself. In the back-story, you can watch a video of the songwriter, Mike Guglielmucci, speaking of how the story came to be. If you haven't seen it yet, go check it out.

Today, it is with much sadness (and a little anger) that I tell you that it has come out today that the writer of this great song was faking his illness. Some reports out of Australia (his home country) say that he even pulled this over on his own wife and family. You can read more about it HERE .

I had been planning on using this song as a powerful tool in our upcoming Contemporary Worship Service Launch on August 31st. After hearing the news today, I have been second guessing that decision. After much thought and advice from others on my worship staff, I have decided to stick with the plan. How much more powerful are the lyrics of this great song in light of its writer needing spiritual "healing" and cleansing?

In spite of Mike Guglielmucci's dishonesty, the words of this GREAT song are still true and inspiring. In the midst of this horrible news, I believe God is offering forgiveness, restoration, and HEALING, and our church needs to celebrate in that.

No comments: