Monday, August 18, 2008

Bell Shoals

I was given a great gift last year with the invitation to join Metro One conference for music ministers. It's more than a conference. Instead, it's a community of servants who are in the same area of ministry that God has called me to. We communicate throughout the year with emails of encouragement, prayer requests, praises, and creative ideas. As a result of being a part of this awesome group, I have gotten to know many guys I had never met. Simeon Nix, Worship Pastor of Bell Shoals Baptist Church, was one of these.

The first time I met Simeon, he wrapped his arm around me and said "you're gonna love this group of guys. I'm glad you're here." Since, he has continued to be a great encouragement and friend.

Late Saturday night, Simeon had a major heart attack. This was his 2nd in 6 days, and proved to be too much. Simeon was pronounced dead around 1:15am, Sunday morning. My heart is broken for his family, for Bell Shoals, and for those whose lives he has impacted. Please pray for his wife, Beth, and their two children. Please pray for Bell Shoals Baptist Church who just lost their Pastor and his son to a plane crash earlier this year, and now their Worship Pastor. Pray that God will be glorified through the passing of one of His own.

To God be the Glory!

2 comments:

Mark Celoria said...

Oh no! I know of Simeon Nix. I've never met him but I remember when he led worship at SWBTS. He also served at FBC Richland many years before I was there. Sorry to hear this news.

Kath said...

Praying for the Bell Shoals church family.