Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Some Good News

It has been crazy getting back into the swing of things over the past couple of days. I loved our time away, but now I have all of these things I feel so behind on. So, on to catching up...

One of my favorite worship leaders of our time is Travis Cottrell . I have learned so much from him, by watching and listening to his music, about what it means to be a worshiper. Our church has really benefited as well, from his song writing with songs like "Jesus Saves" and "Alive Forever Amen". It was an honor and blessing to be able to lead worship with Travis last summer in San Antonio, TX at the Southern Baptist Convention. Needless to say, I was stoked when I got a call from Lifeway Worship Music. They told me that Travis was going to be doing his new musical, 3:16, in LA. In addition, Lifeway said that Travis had given them my name and phone number because he wanted the Immanuel Choir to do the concert with him.

What? Are you kidding me? So, the Immanuel Choir is going to be leading worship with Travis Cottrell in LA on Monday, March 24th. It is going to be in the evening at Music California . We're excited, and have some work ahead of us to learn this new music.

Thanks, Travis! We're excited and looking forward to leading worship with you. There is no greater honor than leading in worship of our Great and Mighty God. Congrats, Immanuel Choir. See you tonight. Now, let's get to work!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, how exciting! I will be looking forward to singing at Music California in LA.

By the way, congratulations on your 10th Anniversary!

Billie

Todd said...

That's awesome man! I'll order the shirts we were talking about.

Kath said...

Very cool! Travis is the worship leader on the Beth Moore study that is taking place on Wednesday nights!