Monday, January 28, 2008

Conference Time

I love conferences. It is a time for me to refuel, get some great ideas from others who are getting it done, and stay on top of new and fresh ideas, products, and resources for our people. Normally, I try to spread them out through the year. However, two very important ones are lining up, one right after the other. I will be at MetroWest in Ontario tomorrow and Wednesday. I will be back for rehearsal Wednesday night...so Immanuel Choir - BE THERE! But, at MetroWest, I have the opportunity to hang out with other Worship Pastors from the Western U.S. Tomorrow, we are going to Saddleback and will be sitting in on some rehearsals there. I'm pumped about that.

Next week, I will be in Atlanta at METRO . Metro is a conference for mega church Worship Pastors from all over the country. It is an opportunity to be in round table discussions with Worship Pastors who are in similar ministry sizes, facing similar ministry issues, with similar struggles and successes. It is always a great time to discover what is working at other churches, what hasn't worked, and what I may be able to incorporate into the life of our church. I can't wait. I always feel like I'm better equipped for the task God has called me to when I return.

Pray for me. Pray that God will fan the flames of passion that I already have for ministry. Pray for safety in my travels. Pray for my family while I'm gone. And pray that I will be better equipped to serve Immanuel when I return.

Thanks for your prayers! I absolutely love this thing called Worship Ministry.

No comments: