Monday, August 20, 2007

Hurricanes

Wow! Have you been checking out this whole Hurricane Dean story? Can you imagine something so powerful that you have absolutely no control over coming at you with such force? I have never experienced anything like that. I have been very close to numerous tornadoes in my life-time, but never anything like that. So, why do people think of California as the wild wild west with earthquakes and wildfires? Well, first of all, it's because there are earthquakes and wildfires....ha! But, I'd rather face a potential earthquake...and I know where wildfires are before they get to me. A tornado can come down from anywhere. Now, I know I'll be singing a different tune should I ever fall victim to either of these. But for now, I'll take my chances on the west coast.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know 1st hand about being in a hurricane. I was living on Cape Cod, MA. It wasn't fun.
Yes, I too would rather deal with earth quakes and wild fires.

Billie