Monday, August 20, 2007

First Day

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Some of you have been asking about Abby's first day of school as a brand new kindergartner. Well, all is well. It was more emotional to send my little girl off to her first day of school than it was with Caleb. When he started school, I felt more like "that's my boy. Go conquer the world." But, with Abby, it was more like "not my little girl. Where have the last 5 years gone? My life is nearly over now." So, other than my emotional state, it was pretty uneventful. Her teacher did say that "Abby is the perfect student." But, whose to say that she doesn't tell all the parents that? All I know is that she loves school and can't wait each day to go back. I know that will possibly change over time...but for now, she is crazy about school.

Caleb is in 2nd grade this year and is really enjoying his class. I can't imagine any teacher not liking him. I know that he is energetic, but he has a heart of gold and loves everybody. We're praying for another great year from him.

God has blessed us with three incredible kids...and I'm proud of everything I'm seeing them accomplish. Even Ella....who now says "please"......well, those two times that she said it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a precious picture of Abby. I bet she handled the 1st day better than you.
Wait till she starts dating. Do you have a shot gun? lol.

Billie