Monday, February 01, 2010

Goodbye Frances

It is rare that you find someone who exhibits all the traits of a great leader. Someone who is passionate about what they do. Someone who is dedicated. Someone who is steadfast. Someone who is a team player. Someone who is supportive and submissive to authority. Someone who is not afraid to try something new. Someone who is willing to push the envelope. Someone who supports you in success, as well as in failure. Someone who works diligently to make themselves better. Someone who is faithful.

This list could go on and on, and every aspect of it describes someone that I have had the privilege to serve alongside during my time at Immanuel. However, she has come to a place in her ministry where she feels that the time has come to retire. Frances Iverson has been the organist at Immanuel for 33 years. 33 years! When Frances first began in this position in October, 1976, I was celebrating my 2nd birthday. That really puts it into perspective for me. She has given her life for the sake of the call at Immanuel.

Thank you Frances, for exemplifying what it means to be faithful in ministry. I only hope to have the impact in my ministry that you have had in yours.

No comments: