Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm In Chicago

I've never been here before. I'm really excited to be in "the windy city". I've always wanted to visit. Now, I'm actually here. Rob Signs (our High School Pastor) and I are on a "pre-trip". Our purpose: to set up the Student Worship Choir Tour by meeting with ministry partners, touring the areas we'll be performing, etc. Actually, our purpose is to get away and hang out in really cool locations. Then, do it again with the students. Yeah. That's probably a more accurate description.

So, we booked the cheapest hotel we could find and we got free wifi, 2 breakfasts, and 2 free dinners along with it. Pretty sweet. It is snowing outside as I type this, and I can't wait to walk around the city tomorrow and meet with our ministry partners. We are waiting on some food we just ordered. It is 2am in Chicago and we are ordering take-out. The reason is our flight was delayed due to the snow and we haven't eaten since lunch. So, we're going to eat. That Reuben sandwich can't get here fast enough. They are delivering.

I'll post some pics and more updates often while we're here. Check back!

1 comment:

Kath said...

Have fun!