Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Busy Fall

Fall always seems to be a busy time of year, but this Fall seems extra crazy. I was recently sharing this with a couple of people and they responded with "what do you do?" Now, they know WHAT I do, but they have no idea WHAT I do. Their question is not one that is foreign to me. Often times, even people in the church have no idea what a typical work day looks like for their staff. So, this is your peek inside my October. Here is my schedule for the upcoming weeks:

October 13 6:30pm Choir Rehearsal, 8pm Worship Band Rehearsal
October 15-19 Immanuel Choir at Carnegie Hall in New York City
October 16 My Birthday!
October 20 Choir Rehearsal, Worship Band Rehearsal
October 22 Beene Family/Liberty Quartet Concert at IBC
October 23 UPWARD Basketball (I'm Coaching) all morning
October 24 SUNDAY Worship (7:15am rehearsal, 3 Services, Ministry
Luncheon, 2:30-4:15pm SWC Prep and Rehearsal, Leave for
CA State Baptist
Convention)
October 24-27 Leading Conference, serving as Messenger from IBC,
and Singing on Worship Team at CA State Convention
October 27 Choir Rehearsal, Worship Band Rehearsal
October 28 My Parents Arrive in Town (YEA! We are so excited!)
October 30 UPWARD Basketball (all morning)
October 31 SUNDAY WORSHIP - afternoon rehearsals, Harvest Festival
(if in the area, this is one event you must attend!) SWC
(Immanuel's Student Worship Choir) singing at Harvest
Festival

This is all in addition to the normal everyday office hours, worship planning, building practice tracks, working with soloists, ministry home visits, ministry to those in the hospital, staff meetings, etc...) And where in the world do I fit time in to just hang out with my wife and kids? (But, I do! Somehow.) Now that you are utterly bored reading my schedule, perhaps you can understand a little more about what my Fall looks like. This is JUST October. November is just as crazy. It starts out with a Revival I am leading for a week and ends with our Thanksgiving Eve Service and Immanuel Lights. December is full of rehearsals and the Christmas Dessert Theater. HOWEVER, let me end by saying this:

I LOVE it when my schedule looks this way. This is the most exciting time in the life of my ministry. I find that I am more driven and focused and the product of my work seems to be at a higher level. I feel blessed that the Lord has chosen to give me greater responsibility. And though I grow tired at times, He proves to me that He is my strength.

I know many of your schedules put mine to shame. So, let me encourage you to stay focused, sharp, on top of your game, and make family a priority even in the midst of your business. And above all else, through every detail give God the glory.

No comments: