Friday, March 05, 2010

Whirlwind

My head is still spinning from everything that is going on. We are in the middle of our annual Global Outreach Celebration. We have 27 units of Missionaries here with us at Immanuel, and I have the awesome opportunity to lead them in worship. This past Wednesday night was our Kickoff Celebration, I led worship for them this morning and will again tomorrow morning, and then Sunday Morning and Evening are our final services. In addition, I am planning our Student Worship Choir tour to Chicago, so I've been on the phone, planning itinerary, and trying to make monies match the budget. I am working with a new planning website for our worship teams, staff, and volunteers. So, I've been logging many hours of tutorial videos and uploading of info. I had an article due today for Brentwood-Benson's Publication that is due out in April. So, I've been writing that. (For those that care, it is called "Impact Worth the Sacrifice" - Not that you asked or anything!) I am teaching for LifeWay in Glorietta, NM in August. So, I had to develop 5, count 'em, 5!!!, classes that I will teach. Those are being emailed tomorrow. I laid out the worship flow for the next 2 weeks. And now, here I sit at 1am waiting for what is sure to be the first feeding of the night for our 6 week old daughter, Ava Drew. What should I fix her? Hmmmmm.....I guess I'll go with the old standard. Milk.

But, amidst all of this I was somehow able to watch "American Idol" and keep up with the drama on "Survivor". I am a renaissance man :) I also caved for the sake of a friend of mine. He asked me to get together about 20 voices and to premier a worship musical of his at MusiCalifornia in less than 4 weeks. Am I crazy? Probably. But, I will start work on that as soon as the music arrives. The easiest way to do it was to throw it to my praise teams. I needed people that could read well and learn the music primarily on their own. We quickly had 20 voices and are going to do it. Insanity!!! But, I don't go it alone. There are many of you right there with me.

No comments: