Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Good Friday 2010

It is amazing to me that I have been in ministry 15+ years now and have never been a part of a Good Friday Service. I've planned a couple as projects during my years in seminary, but I've never actually been to one. This year will be a first for me, as well as for Immanuel.

I have been creatively thinking through how to stage such a service. It has been exciting, yet challenging. Once I came up with the look and feel for the service my emotions have been running wild in the planning process. Pastor told me he wants to walk through the 7 Sayings of Christ on the Cross. With that in mind, I've staged it, planned the music, and gotten key people in place. You really have to pay great attention to every detail beginning with when people first walk in the door. What is the setting? What do they see? What do they hear?

Now that I have completed the actual flow for the service I can tell you that you don't want to miss it. If you are in the Southern California area on Good Friday, you need to be at Immanuel at 6:30pm. Again, I have been very emotional just walking through this service in my mind while just planning and creating it. I know that the actual service is going to be so powerful that it will have a great impact on all who attend.

I can't wait. I am so excited for Easter weekend.

1 comment:

Cathy M said...

Jeff, The Good Friday Service was very powerful, in fact I couldn't stop crying. I saw others wiping their eyes so I know that I wasn't the only one. It was amazing. To see Pastor blow out the candles, I don't know but it meant to me something profound just ended, and it broke my heart. You all did a wonderful job, I'll never forget it!
Cathy