Monday, October 26, 2009

Facebook Rejection

Those of you that are already my friend on facebook may be aware of the recent rejection I just had. And, before we go any further, if we are not friends on facebook yet, send a request my way. Okay, so on with the blog...

This week, someone I went to high school with posted a comment on someone else's site. He said "is Jeff a pastor or something? All of his posts are so full of the 'jeebus' that I feel like I need to put a hex on someone just to balance it out".

In a later post, he said that he was going to clean up his friend list and delete anyone who mentions "the jeebus" more than 3 times on their site. Thus, I was deleted.

1 Corinthians 1:18 says "to those who are perishing the message of the cross is foolishness". That was not just a truth when it was first written. It is still truth today. I've chosen not to confront this person at this time. Instead, I am praying for him. Perhaps the opportunity for us to talk will come soon.

For him, the things believers say, and the praise we give to God seems foolish. But for us who are being saved, it is the power of God. And, I know that God saves, because He saved me and radically changed my life.
Pray for Jack. Pray that God will do the same for him. Pray that the day will come when Jack experiences facebook rejection because of his love for the Savior.

6 comments:

Darlene Propp said...

Praying that your friend's eyes will be open to the truth, Jeff. It's a real heartache when you have such good news to share and the people you care about won't listen.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

see you on facebook but waiting for you to see me
on twitter.
Your friend may come around some day and know what you are saying is the truth. Just keep on praying for him.

Anonymous said...

That's one of the oddities of social networking sites: you meet up with people you haven't spoken to in 18 years only to find that you've moved in completely different directions. Regardless, it's never easy being "unfriended"... his loss.

Mary McKennell said...

I think it's quite awesome and complimentary to be deleted because there is too much of Jesus in you!

Anonymous said...

Jeff, your friend doesn't realize that he has rejected Jesus. However, we will be praying for your friend, Jesus knows him by name and my prayer is that your friend will be introduced to Jesus and his life will be forever changed.........