Sunday, February 10, 2008

Long Time No See

I know...I know....It has been forever since I've blogged. I was sick with strep throat last week, and then was out of town all week this week. I went to my MetroOne Conference in Atlanta, and it was unbelievable. I had the opportunity to sit around the table with the leading worship leaders in all of the country and hear what God is doing in their ministries. It helped to hear successes and failures, and I was encouraged that we are going in the right direction at Immanuel.

One of the highlights of the week was dinner on Thursday night. We were told to wear a suit and tie, but the location of our dinner was kept a secret. When we arrived, I was shocked to see that we were at the Governor's Mansion in Georgia. The amazement really kicked in when I realized we were having dinner with the Governor, Sonny Perdue, and his wife. A once in a lifetime opportunity.

One of my favorite vocalists in the world is Russ Lee . He was actually at the conference and I had the opportunity to spend a good bit of time with him. He sang the song "Georgia on my Mind" at the mansion, and it was amazing. What a night!

Speaking of Russ, please be in prayer for his wife, and their entire family. She has been battling cancer. However, their testimony of what God is doing in their lives is amazing.

It's good to be back. I can't wait to share some other things with you over the next few days. Be sure to check back!

No comments: