Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Jury Duty

So, I went to report for Jury Duty today. It was my first time to ever be summoned. I sat for most of the morning before being called up to the court room. My fellow juror prospects and I were seated, sworn in, and then told we would need to come back on Monday for jury selection. Why? Well, it seems the prosecutor has laryngitis. So, I'm back to the court room on Monday.

I would actually enjoy serving on a jury. I don't dread it at all. I am very busy right now at Immanuel. But then again, when would be a good time? It is all pretty interesting to see how the court system works from the perspective of a juror. Well, that's all I can tell you about it. I've been sworn to silence about everything having to do with the case. So, we'll just leave it at that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think you would like jury duty. I was on two. Very interesting.....one was a civil case...one was attempted murder......very, very, very interesting.

Billie