Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sickness and Success

Something hit me last night that was awful. I have either food poisoning or some kind of stomach bug. I was up all night last night and cant remember feeling this bad in a very long time. I ended up having to stay home from church this morning. I think that was the hardest part. I love being with our people and I hate missing any opportunity. However......

....one great thing that came out of this was the timing. I got the opportunity to just lay in bed and watch The Masters. Being from Augusta, GA this tournament is very special to me. I worked there as a teenager in the concession stand and then later in the golf shop. AND....my favorite golfer is Phil Mickelson. I followed him as an amateur when I worked the tournament my first year as a 16 year old, and I am thrilled to see him win his 3rd green jacket. Way to go Lefty!

Please be in prayer for the Mickelson family as they continue in their battle with breast cancer. Both his wife and mother are in their own battles.

No comments: