Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gavin Owens


I have been following the story of a little boy named Gavin Owens for quite some time now. I first learned of Gavin through my friend, Travis . Gavin has been fighting for all of his 3 years on earth against mitochondrial disease. God has done some amazing things through this battle for His glory. Little Gavin has impacted lives all across the country. Mine being one of them.

Gavin went home to be with the Lord on November 6. Though gone from this earth, his victory comes through his ultimate healing and the impact he had in just 3 short years. His father, Adam Owens, wrote the following on his blog:

06 November, 2009
Dear Gavin,

You are my beautiful little boy. For 3 years we have been by your side day in and day out watching you literally fight for your life. It is hard for me to swallow that today will be your last day fighting. I can't even put into words how much joy you have brought into our lives.

But today we are sending you home, and one day soon we will see you again completely whole.

I love you... my baby boy


Daddy


Check out this amazing family at GAVINOWENS.COM .

1 comment:

JENNI said...

What a beautiful and heartfelt letter from Gavin's Daddy. Clicked on their website and was totally amazed how God has and is touching this family's life. God bless the family as they continue to keep the faith that they will one day be together again. Thanks Jeff for sharing...........