Monday, May 04, 2009

Life's Lessons

I had a great blessing from the Lord today. We are seeing principles we've tried to teach our son his whole life coming out in his actions. It is amazing to see these things starting to become part of who he is.

Today, we had parents of a kid in our neighborhood knock on our door. We have just recently gotten to know them. They came over just to tell us how much they enjoy Caeb coming to their house to play. They told us that he is the most polite kid they've ever met. Yesterday, he had been invited to stay @ their house for dinner. The friend's mom said "when he got up to leave, he approached my husband, shook his hand, and said 'thank you for dinner, sir'". I was so proud that I had to....well, I had to, blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That definitely was a 'proud Daddy' moment. God bless you for being the Daddy and Jody being the Mommy.

Anonymous said...

daddy had to blog & Nana had to cry. So proud!

Darlene Propp said...

That's so cool and I know you're proud of him. On another note, I remember getting compliments from people about my kids and how helpful they were around the house when they visited. I always thought, "That can't be MY kid they're talking about." LOL

Anonymous said...

I got compliments too when Jeff & his brother were young so like father like son.

Anonymous said...

Thats awesome! You guys should have 20 more kids! The world needs more amazing, thoughtful, good people!

By the way, could you have 3 sons & let's have an arranged marriage for my 3 daughters? LOL .... just kidding ..... Kind-of! :)