Monday, December 01, 2008

Christmas Fun Facts

In honor of the 1st day of December I thought that I'd share some Christmas Fun Facts with you. I love to discover new things and thought you would as well.

1) The red-suited Santa with the white beard that we've come to know and love was first created by a marketing team member with Coca-Cola in the 1930s.
2) Children in Holland receive gifts in big wooden shoes at Christmas.(That doesn't sound too exciting to me.)
3) Jesus wasn't born on December 25. I know. I know.
4) The name "Santa Claus" is never mentioned in the story "The Night Before Christmas".
5) Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas" was based on a poem he wrote in the 1980s.

More fun facts to come throughout the month of December. I couldn't give you all my fun facts in one post.

No comments: