Friday, January 05, 2007

We Are Shopping...Shopping....

It has been a good week, yet a crazy week all at the same time. I'm sure many of you understand how that goes. Monday was a holiday, which meant that we spent the rest of the week trying to play catch up in preparation for Sunday. As a result, I was ready for Friday to get here. Off days have become a precious commodity in my life, so I usually plan all week in my mind the things that I'm going to try to accomplish when that day arrives. It seems that every week my wife has spent her time planning all the things that I'm going to accomplish on my off day. Now, why do I always end up fulfilling her plans on my off-day, and nothing that I've planned gets accomplished?

Today, we spent the whole day shopping. However, I was in control...to a degree. The $100 "pretty sheet" to lay at the foot of a bed went back on the shelf (I wasn't having any of that). The purple fuzzy telephone for Abby to play with (which by the way, was a real telephone) went back on the shelf. The duvet (I'm so embarrassed I even know what that is) for Caleb's bed is still in the store....on the shelf. And the metal ballerina with hooks coming out of her head for you to hang stuff on (for Abby's room) is.....you guessed it....back on the shelf. But, all in all, we did have a great time. The furniture store that we went to called Living Spaces has a kid's room where only children are allowed to go play. They have a parent check in station, video games, couches, desks with drawing materials, a big screen tv with cartoons playing, and more. The kids loved it. You can check your kids in there, go shop for an hour, and then come back and pick them up. It was wonderful. Oh yeah, they also serve FREE Starbucks coffee...all you can drink. We took advantage of that and then hit two sweet looking (and comfortable) theater seats in front of the biggest television I've ever seen. We sat there, kid-less, and drank our coffee. I think all of our dates will take place at that store. Where else can you get free coffee, free entertainment, and free childcare? What a great date!

No comments: