Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sorry For the Lapse

I have had much going on lately, and to be honest, have just not thought much about blogging the past few days. So, I return today with some news. I just got home from a GREAT worship service with Johnny Hunt and the Immanuel Choir and Orchestra. It was an awesome night. Growing up in Georgia, I had the opportunity to hear Johnny Hunt preach A LOT. So, hearing him tonight reminded me of home. Go Dawgs!

And, here is a little tidbit that I bet most of you don't know. We have decorated our house for Christmas already. I know. I know. It's not even Thanksgiving, you say. But, my wife is hosting a Christmas party for all of the ministers' wives at Immanuel, so we had to have the house decorated for Christmas early. And I must admit. I kinda like it. Since we go to Georgia at Christmas, we never get to enjoy the tree and stockings for very long. So, this year, we'll get a couple of extra weeks of the twinkling lights and ornaments.

We had between 700 and 750 visitors this past Sunday. If you were there, then you know how amazing it was. A great day of worship. A great day of meeting new people. And a great day of investing in people's lives. Our friends that came with us are unchurched and lost. They have told me that they're coming back this week, and that next week they are bringing each of their parents. How awesome is that? Further evidence that what it takes to make a difference in people's lives is to invite. Invite everyone you come into contact with and your percentage of positive responses is bound to improve!

No comments: